Enjoying BBQ within the confines of your closed kitchen might sound too good to be true. However, you can enjoy delicious grilled food with the help of an electric grill. If you don’t have an idea regarding how an electric grill works, read on the following.
An electric BBQ grill is basically a large heating plate which is enclosed. The surface of the plate has specially designed ridges which somehow imitate an actual BBQ grill. The grill is powered using an electrical outlet. One of the best thing about using an electric grill is the fact that it heats up evenly in all places. Due to this very reason you can enjoy perfectly grilled food without having to worry about it being raw in certain places.
While using an electric grill within the confines of your kitchen, it is still better to follow the safety measures for using an electric grill. When cooking on the grill, make sure to keep the following things in mind.
- The grill is placed way above the surface on which it rests. When switching on the grill make sure you check out for any loose wiring.
- Avid placing paper or plastic products anywhere near the grill especially when it is switched on.
- Also handle the food on the grill with utmost care. The plates can get quite hot and not paying enough attention might cause you to burn your hands.
- Electric grills are usually of two kinds. One is an open grill which closely resembles an actual BBQ grill compromising of a single grate. The other is a contact grill where food is grilled by closed two plates together.
- Though electric grills may not give that smoky taste which you can achieve using an actual grill, these can still help your food cook evenly.
Using the electric grill properly
- When using an open grill, it should be set up on a level surface. Also the counter top on which it is being placed should be free from all the clutter to allow easy access while cooking.
- It should be kept in mind that open grills can heat up quite fast and anything on the countertop risks a fire hazard.
- If the grill is non-stick it would still be better to spray it with some cooking oil
- Before you start cooking, make sure to pre heat the grill. Some grills have an option of setting a specific temperature. Choose the temperature at which you would feel most comfortable cooking.
- If you don’t know which temperature you should choose, 400 Fahrenheit is the usual temperature chose by everyone who cooks on a grill.
- Always place the food on the grill with the help of tongs. This would help avoid getting burnt if your hand accidentally touches the grill. Also it is much easier handling food with the tong.
- You can make use of a digital thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind would help you cook te best grilled food on an electric BBQ.