Safety bollard come in different shapes and sizes. However the amount of choice that you have it is easy to get bogged down. In order to understand what you are looking for it would be easier if you know about the types of bollards that you can buy.
Types of safety bollards
- Safety bollard can be split into two groups. This can be either high security or domestic security. High security ones are usually used in government buildings or airports to prevent any kind of vehicle attacks. These are impact tested and a definitely not the sort of thing you would want around your driveway.
- The domestic security bollards are not tested but are designed in a way to offer complete protection to your driveway. You can choose to go for fixed bollards. As the name suggests these are fixed in a single place. However these or not suitable for driveways because these are fixed and do not allow vehicles access. If you are looking to add some permanent stoppage to certain areas of your property then these would be a good choice.
- Telescopic bollards can be lowered into the ground manually and can help you protect your driveway by preventing vehicular access when not in use and allowing access whenever you like.
- Removable bollards are a better option where there is a problem of a high water table. It is also suitable for areas which might have pipes avoiding under driveway limiting the excavation.
- Then come the automatic ones. These can be used with the help of a remote control and are lowered using a hydraulic pump system. However these are considered as high security and are quite expensive as well.
It is important that you call in a professional to install the bollard. They would ensure that the measure the drive way end use dimensions to create the right amount of space for your security. They would also know how many bollards would be needed once they take a look at the size of the driveway
You might even need to hire skip especially when you want the rubble and spoil to be taken away once the excavation work is done. For those who want to install automatic bollards, it is important that you hire a professional to handle the installation process.
Maintenance and upkeep of safety bollards
Once you have installed security bollards for safety, it is also important that you take care about the maintenance and upkeep. This would ensure the longevity of use. It is recommended to have at least one service a year so that you can be assured about its safety. It is also important that you purchase the bollards from a trusted supplier. Not everyone is going to offer you a good price and good quality products. Also make sure that you have a detailed talk with professional to get an idea about the budget and the installation process. This would help make things easier and also allow you to make the right decisions when it comes to maintaining the security of your outdoor space.